Member commitment is the key to AACRAO's success as a national higher education association. It is because of the contributions of members through service on committees and special projects that AACRAO has become a strong professional association. Since 1959, AACRAO has recognized its members for their distinguished service to the association and the profession. This acknowledgment continues today.
2019 AACRAO Awards
AACRAO is accepting nominations for the 2019 AACRAO Awards to be presented at the 105th Annual Meeting, March 31 - April 3, in Los Angeles, California. Please take this opportunity to recognize the professional contributions of a colleague by submitting your nomination using the link below.
Submit Your Award Nomination
- The Award for Excellence in International Education is presented to a member for excellence in the field of international education.
- The Thomas A. Bilger Award is presented to a member in recognition of consistent vision, service and/or leadership in AACRAO and with seven or more years of volunteer service.
- The Distinguished Service Award recognizes an active or retired AACRAO member for exceptional contributions over an extended period of time for service to AACRAO at the national level.
- The Emerging Leader Award is presented to professionals who have, early in their career, made an exceptional or unique contribution which demonstrates promise as a future AACRAO leader.
- Honorary Membership is awarded in recognition of a member's active involvement and contribution to AACRAO.
- The AACRAO Centennial Award for Excellence is presented to an individual who is not an AACRAO member, but who has made a contribution to or influenced the higher education community in a notable and positive manner that supports the vision and mission statement of AACRAO.
- The Elbert W. Ockerman State and Regional Professional Activity Award recognizes outstanding professional activities of the state/regional associations.
Review eligibility and details of All AACRAO Awards
Acknowledge Retiring Professionals
If you know someone who is retiring from an AACRAO profession, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the name of your retiring colleague and the following information:
- Number of years in the profession
They will be recognized on the Annual Meeting rolling screen and will receive a certificate in the mail.Questions? Contact Us