Mission, Vision, & Values
The mission of the American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers (AACRAO) is to provide professional development, guidelines and voluntary standards to be used by higher education officials regarding the best practices in records management, admissions, enrollment management, administrative information technology and student services. It also provides a forum for discussion regarding policy initiation and development, interpretation and implementation at the institutional level and in the global educational community. For more information see the Association's Articles of Incorporation.
AACRAO's mission is to serve and advance higher education by providing leadership in academic and enrollment services.
AACRAO will be recognized as the leading authority in academic and enrollment services within and outside the global higher education community.
Accountability --- Collaboration --- Inclusiveness --- Innovation --- Inquiry --- Integrity --- Learning
1. Prepare AACRAO members to successfully lead their institutions in meeting the challenges of a continually evolving environment.
- Establish core competencies for professionals in academic and enrollment services.
- Provide relevant programming and services to AACRAO members and other higher education professionals.
- Strengthen our focus on compliance, technology, research services and training for the membership.
- Continually evaluate the relevance, effectiveness, and sustainability of programs and services provided by AACRAO.
2. Identify, develop and promote professional standards in academic and enrollment services.
- Identify standards that are critical to the profession and to the membership.
- Establish a set of desirable best practices topics.
- Develop professional standards and best practices that significantly impact our profession.
- Serve as a resource on key industry topics.
3. Advance AACRAO’s leadership in Federal higher education policy development and advocacy.
- Identify public policy issues for direct involvement, and develop plans of action.
- Engage the membership in public policy dialogue and understanding.
4. Promote student access and success, and affordability of higher education.
- Create alignments with other education professional organizations that promote student success in higher education.
- Engage in relevant activities that support student access and success, and affordability in higher education.
5. Ensure that the Association is structured to promote sustained growth and member engagement.
- Develop administrative capability to engage members in the life and work of the Association through various communication technologies.
- Continue leadership with technology initiatives in enrollment and academic services.
- Promote the strength of the Association by periodic review of governance and membership.
6. Expand AACRAO’s leadership in the global higher education community.
- Expand professional development opportunities for the international admissions and credential evaluation professionals, engage with institutional leadership to create research opportunities, and identify best practices for enhancing international student enrollment efforts.
- Lead research and evaluation efforts related to global education systems.
- Engage in international initiatives and partnerships whereby AACRAO’s collective expertise contributes to a global dialogue and more effective practices in international education, student exchange, and mobility.
7. Ensure the Association’s resource strength for current and future AACRAO members.
- Diversify revenue streams to decrease association fiscal risk.
- Increase net operating revenue to build long-term investments.
- Ensure the prudent use of resources.
- Align resources with goals and objectives for the Association.
8. Aspire to be an intentionally inclusive community that values the unique contributions of others.
- Serve as a strategic leader connecting and advocating for diversity, equity, access, and inclusion within and across higher education.
- Promote an organizational culture that focuses on diversity, equity, inclusion, and social justice strategies to empower educational leaders.
- Yearly evaluation of our goals and objectives to ensure we remain cognizant of the relationship between access, equity, diversity, and inclusion as it relates to all activities of the association.