Vision, Mission, & Goals
Adopted December 2020
This new vision, mission, and goals serve as a guide for the association over the next five years as we strive to better serve our members, the profession, and higher education.
In early 2020 the AACRAO Board of Directors engaged in a new strategic planning process for the Association. The Board engaged AACRAO Consulting to use the SEM planning framework to guide the initial stages of the process.
Consultants helped the Board better understand the framework of Goals, Strategies, and Tactics that would ultimately make up the final plan. Over the summer of 2020, the association conducted an environmental scan that included like organizations, the Board, the membership, and AACRAO office staff. In September 2020, the Board crafted a first draft of goals based on these scans, during a day-long workshop along with draft revisions to the Vision and Mission. Additional feedback opportunities for members and staff resulted in the below goals, adopted in December 2020 by the AACRAO Board of Directors.
As a leading voice in higher education, AACRAO envisions a community centered on learner success driven by professional excellence and leadership in enrollment and academic services.
AACRAO advances and supports a richly diverse, globally interconnected community of higher education professionals as well as the institutions, organizations, and learners they serve through its resources, leadership, and advocacy.
By 2026, AACRAO will
- Advance the knowledge and understanding of the complex and critical professions engaged in enrollment and academic services, a key component of institutional and learner success.
- Foster a culture of innovation and scholarship through empirical research that produces best practices for institutional and learner success.
- Be the premier provider of accessible and credentialed career pathways to demonstrate competencies in the professions engaged in enrollment and academic services.
- Reimagine engagement and community, through both digital and in-person modalities, for the membership of diverse professionals who have a variety of roles and complex responsibilities.
- Develop and lead strong advocacy coalitions to benefit the advancement of higher education, higher education policy, and the learners we serve.
Strategies in each goal should demonstrate that the shared values are woven into the fabric of the Association in all its services and activities. The BOD will provide this
direction to the AACRAO staff.