Admissions Counselor/Recruiter 101
2019 Schedule (2 Classes)
Member price: $399 | Non-Member Price: $449
Admissions Counselor/Recruiter 101 is a convenient online course that complements campus-based training for new admissions counselors and recruiters by helping them develop the knowledge and skills they'll need to recruit and enroll the best students for their institution. The curriculum covers the big picture of being an admissions professional, how to make powerful presentations, the art of recruitment and marketing, ethical considerations of the profession, and making road trips count.
Participants in this course will learn to:
- Sell their institution in 30 seconds flat
- Fine tune their presentation skills
- Develop recruitment initiatives that work
- Interact more effectively with high school Guidance Counselors
- Get the most out of campus visits and road trips
- Jump start their career as an admissions professional
Participants should plan to devote six to eight hours each of the four weeks the course is in session. Coursework includes reading and online course activities at hours convenient to their individual schedules. AACRAO awards a Professional Development Certificate to participants who successfully complete all modules of the course.