In all that we do, AACRAO endeavors to demonstrate that our shared values of collaboration, innovation, inclusivity, inquiry and integrity are woven into the fabric of the association through all our services and activities. We strive to create a culture and environment that is equitable and inclusive, for all members and staff alike. Ensuring that we engage suppliers that align with our values is an important action that we take in order to live our values to the best of our ability.
Not only is supplier diversity demonstrative of AACRAO’s Commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion, implementation of this policy also can help the Association access the widest selection of companies, thereby leveraging innovative solutions, reducing costs, and securing high-quality goods and services.
AACRAO is committed to supplier diversity. This includes:
- Ensuring that opportunities to participate in the bidding and procurement process are provided to certified diverse suppliers.
- Communicating the value of supplier diversity both internally and externally.
- Ensuring that suppliers have alignment with our nondiscrimination practices
- Leveraging our corporate partner relationships to help meet members' supplier diversity requirements.
Definitions Diverse suppliers: Are Businesses that are at least 51% owned, operated and controlled with US or Legal Resident Alien status and have achieved a third-party certification such as:
- Minority-Owned Business Enterprises (MBE)
- Woman-Owned Business Enterprises (WBE)
- Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender-Owned Business Enterprises (LGBTBE)
- Disability-Owned Business Enterprises
- Small Disadvantaged Businesses (SDB)
- Historically Underutilized Businesses (HUB Zone)
- Veteran-owned Businesses (VBE)
- Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Businesses (SDVBE)
For AACRAO's purposes, diverse suppliers might also include those that subcontract to companies with the above certifications.