In the June 10, 2022, Connect article entitled “ Understanding and Supporting Higher-Ed in Ukraine”, Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy suggests how to best support Ukrainian students in the present and future. Watch his remarks here for inspiration and an explanation of his innovative vision for Ukraine.
In that spirit of supporting further education for Ukrainian students, we have assembled a few resources to assist you when reviewing Ukrainian documents and aiding Ukrainian students:
- This copy of the AACRAO EDGE profile for Ukraine is available to everyone with no subscription or login required. Access to the profile, which includes credential descriptions and advice from the International Education Standards Council, will aid you when reviewing Ukrainian credentials. Grading scales with suggestions for how to understand the student’s achievements in the context of a U.S. grading system are also clearly presented.
- Additionally, review these Inclusive Admissions Policies for Displaced and Vulnerable Students and familiarize yourself with the Article 26 Backpack, which works to combat institutional barriers all refugees face. The A26 Backpack is available in Dari/Farsi, Arabic, English, French, and Spanish, with information specific to Ukraine located here.
- This 2017 presentation from AACRAO International Director, Julia Funaki, gives an overview of the Ukrainian education system, along with information on credentials and recognition within Crimea and Donbas beginning in 2014.
- Education in Crisis: Venezuela and Ukraine (free webinar) with Ana Villavicencio (EducationUSA), Tatiana McKenna (Educational Credential Evaluators, Inc - ECE), and David Mihalyi (AACRAO) discuss some specifics about Ukraine.
- Education in Crisis - Next Steps and Resources - provides context and tools/resources discussed during the AICE-sponsored International Luncheon from 107th AACRAO Annual Meeting.
Our Emergent News feature, available on the home page of AACRAO EDGE and tracked on the Overview pages of each profile, is another source for information on current closures and impacts on specific institutions. This useful feature assisted users in tracking the status-specific exams throughout the Covid-19 global pandemic. Emergent News updates in real-time as new information becomes available.
Curious to learn more about AACRAO EDGE? Visit our "About EDGE" page and learn about resources, support, pricing, and more.