When building your presentation, make sure you include any external files utilized in the same folder as your presentation (e.g., movie files). When creating your media for transportation, copy the entire folder to the memory device. To ensure the success of your presentation, remember to make a backup copy of your files and transport that media in a separate piece of luggage. If you have movies in your presentation, it is even more important that you verify the file in the Speaker Lounge well ahead of your presentation time.
If your PowerPoint presentation includes an embedded video (or videos) you MUST bring the presentation and video as SEPARATE files. If you are using PowerPoint 2010 (which allows for embedding of video into the PowerPoint), it is preferred that you bring the separate video files with you in case any problems are encountered.
Fonts: We can only supply fonts that are included in the base installation of Windows. Any font other than these will need to be embedded into your PowerPoint presentation. For information on embedding fonts see below. We suggest using the fonts such as Times New Roman, Arial, and Tahoma. Use of fonts not included in Windows can lead to words that bleed into graphics or bullets that may be the wrong style.
You can embed the fonts into your presentation by following these steps:
- On the File menu, click Save As
- On the toolbar, click Tools, click Save Options, select the Embed TrueType Fonts check box, and then do the following:
- To embed all the characters in the font set, select Embed All Characters (best for editing by others)
Note: If you plan to have others review and edit your file, it's best to embed the full font set, though that creates a larger file.
Microsoft Office 2007
- Click the Office button, and then PowerPoint Options
- Select the Save Tab and check the box to Embed Fonts in the file
Office 2010 and 2013
- Click File, then Options
- Select the Save Button and check the Embed Fonts box
Note: PowerPoint 2011 for Macs and other Mac versions of PowerPoint cannot embed fonts