Call for proposals
AACRAO seeks content experts to share ideas, best practices, and innovative solutions that are helping to shape the future of technology and transfer practices in higher education. Start the conversation and submit a session proposal for the 2019 Technology & Transfer Conference.
We strongly encourage topics that support AACRAO’s Professional Competencies and Proficiencies. Session proposals that support the framework will be given additional consideration.
November 26, 2018 Priority Submission Deadline
Final Submission Deadline
June 14, 2019
Early Registration Deadline
June 21, 2019
Hotel Reservation Deadline
Hotel and Registration Rates
You are encouraged to submit sessions for the AACRAO Innovation Hub, which identifies and highlights emerging technologies and pioneering solutions that can help institutions improve services and facilitate student success. Selected sessions that fall into the following interest areas will be featured in the Innovation Hub track at the meeting.
How can institutions design applications that communicate directly with the student information system?
How can chatbots and virtual agents improve student success?
How can institutions share a wide range of documents in a secure, verifiable network?
How can institutions improve the presentation and visualization of their data?
Additional Suggested Presentation Topics:
- Academic Planning, Advising, & Degree Audit
- Assessing Prior Learning & Transfer Credit
- Alternative Credentialing
- Building Digital, User-first, Campuses (Governance, Responsive Design, Mobile, etc.)
- Business Intelligence and Data Analytics
- Class and Room Scheduling
- Data Security and Governance (FERPA, Identity & Access Mgmt., PCI, etc.)
- Emerging Technologies in Higher Education
- Engaging Students Where and When they Need it (One Stop Solutions, Early Alert, Intrusive Advising, etc.)
- Implementing AACRAO’s Professional Competencies in Your Daily Life
- Innovations in Learning Management Systems
- Internship and Career Connections for Transfer Students
- Modernizing & Supporting our Foundational Solutions (CRM, SIS, LMS, Document Management, Degree Audits, etc.)
- Public Policy and Transfer Legislation
- Social Networking Applications
- Special Populations (military, non-traditional, etc.)
- State, Regional, and National Transfer Initiatives
- Student Records & Systems (Comprehensive Student Records, Student Identity, Data Exchange, Paper & Electronic Transcripts, etc.)
- Student Success & Early Alert Systems
- Transfer Admissions (SEM, Articulations, Advising, Marketing, Scholarships and Aid, etc.)
- Transfer Centers of Excellence (Data Trends, HS/Dual Enrollment Programs, Guided Pathways, Governance, Reverse Transfer, etc.)
- Transforming Teaching and Learning through Technological Innovation
Proposals will be evaluated on clarity, quality, and representation among thematic areas. We are committed to a broad array of programming relevant to all institutional types. Proposals from community colleges, private institutions, system offices, and groups consisting of representatives from multiple institutional types are especially encouraged. Presenters may register for the conference at a discounted rate.
Individuals employed by organizations offering goods and services to higher education institutions may not serve as presenters in sessions, except through the Corporate Presentation category. In addition, sessions are considered corporate when the subject matter promotes a company’s product. Sessions submitted through the regular proposal form will be reviewed for appropriate content and may be reclassified as a corporate presentation, which dictates a presentation fee. For information on corporate presentations and fees, email AACRAO’s Marketing Department or call (202) 263-0287.
Proposals and program content questions
Email Mark Simpson, Director of AACRAO’s Technology & Transfer Conference
Email the Meetings Department or call (202) 293-9161
The AACRAO Technology & Transfer Conference is sponsored by: