Priority Submission Deadline: May 15, 2018
Submit a Session or Poster Proposal
**(If you are not a current member of AACRAO, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to get login credentials.)**
The AACRAO Strategic Enrollment Management (SEM) Conference provides best practice professional development for SEM practitioners--from those new to the profession to faculty members, academic advisors, student success managers, international educators, institutional researchers, and senior enrollment leaders--at all types of postsecondary educational institutions, including baccalaureate/graduate colleges and universities, graduate and professional schools, community colleges, and Canadian and international institutions.
We are now seeking proposals for best practice sessions, poster presentations, and innovative ways institutions are implementing SEM.
We strongly encourage topics that support AACRAO’s Professional Competencies and Proficiencies for SEM. Session proposals that support the framework will be given additional consideration.
SEM Hot Topics
- Applying SEM in a competency-based environment;
- Enhancing SEM to attract and retain international students;
- Addressing enrollment challenges in a world of changing demographics;
- Redefining student enrollment success;
- Engaging faculty in SEM;
- Using SEM to support success of special population students;
- Embracing Big Data and institutional research;
- Meeting the challenge of changing public perceptions of the value of higher education;
- Building an enrollment and revenue projection model that fits our dynamic PSE context;
- Developing High Impact practices that support SEM;
- Putting our focus on community college completion;
- Successful analysis and implementation of financial aid leveraging;
- Enhancing academic advising to achieve stronger retention, completion, and transfer pathways; and
- Introduction of SEM beyond North America.
Innovative Ways Institutions are Implementing SEM
- Admission Practices;
- Enrollment Planning;
- Financial Aid, Scholarships, and Pricing;
- Implementing SEM;
- Organizing for SEM;
- Overview of SEM;
- SEM Research, Data Analysis, and Analytics;
- Student Recruitment;
- Student Success and Retention; and
- Use of Technology to Support SEM.
The National Student Clearinghouse Research Center will once again sponsor a Research Track at SEM. AACRAO will waive half the conference registration fee for one presenter in each of the selected research proposals. We encourage enrollment management and institutional research staff to submit proposals on how they are using data/research to:
- Inform strategies for using campus-based student aid to help shape enrollments;
- Shape admissions recruitment and admissions marketing efforts;
- Recruit first-time students and/or transfer students;
Inform strategies for using campus-based student aid to help shape enrollments;
- Analyze student retention and success;
- Develop strategic enrollment management; and
- Enhance strategic enrollment management at a Canadian institution.
Individuals employed by organizations offering goods and services to institutions of higher education may not serve as presenters in sessions, except through the Corporate Presentation category. Sessions are considered corporate when the subject matter promotes a company’s product. Sessions submitted through the regular proposal form will be reviewed for appropriate content and may be reclassified as a corporate presentation, which would dictate a presentation fee. For information on corporate presentations and fees, contact AACRAO’s Marketing Department at (202) 263-0287, or via email at email@example.com.
Proposals will be evaluated on clarity, quality, method(s) for engaging conference participants, professional practice generalizability, and representation among institutional types and interest areas. Selected presenters may register for the conference at a discounted registration rate. Notifications of proposal status will be sent in late June.