by Sherryl Nelson, Assistant Registrar –Stillwater, Northern Oklahoma College
This year, the annual fall conference was held at the University of Central Oklahoma in Edmond, Oklahoma on September 26th-28th. The theme was “Winning at Student Success” in which some of the sessions were titled after popular games. In addition to members from Oklahoma colleges and universities, we had guests from North Dakota State University, Parchment, National Clearinghouse, Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education and more.
Game Show Network: International Student Series
- FERPA and Social Media: Is Your College or University Compliant?
- Who Wants to be a UDS Coordinator?
- Academic Early Warning Systems: Do They Work?
- What Course is it anyway?
- Deal or No Deal: How Admissions, Registration, Bursar and Financial Aid Impact the Accounts Receivable Cycle
- DAOK: Understanding & Engaging Immigrant Students
During the Deal or No Deal session, while learning about how to decrease accounts receivable, participants were given a bag “briefcase” at the start and offered opportunities throughout to trade in hope for a larger prize.
The session titled, “DAOK: Understanding & Engaging Immigrant Students” offered insight into the lives of immigrant students. The presenter did an interactive Privilege Walk to display some of the obstacles students might run into.
We had over 90 in attendance. The conference received great feedback.