Since its founding in 1919, the Institute of International Education (IIE) has conducted an annual census of international students in the United States. Open Doors has long been regarded as the comprehensive information resource on international students and scholars in the United States and on U.S. students studying abroad.
IIE is pleased to announce the launch of the Fall 2023 International Students Enrollment Snapshot Survey. U.S. higher education institutions are welcome and encouraged to participate in the 18th annual Survey, which gathers data regarding international student enrollment trends on your campus for fall 2023. All institutional-level responses will be anonymous and only aggregated information will be shared. If you are not the best contact for this survey, please forward it to another colleague on your campus who may complete it.
A summary of the results of this survey will be posted on the IIE website and may be shared with the memberships of all the cooperating organizations on November 13, 2023. Please complete the survey by October 5th.
The American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers (AACRAO) is a partner organization with IIE along with:
- American Association of State Colleges and Universities (AASCU)
- American Council on Education (ACE)
- Association of Public and Land-grant Universities (APLU)
- College Board, Community Colleges for International Development (CCID)
- Council of Graduate Schools (CGS)
- Institute of International Education (IIE)
- National Association for College Admission Counseling (NACAC)
- and NAFSA: Association of International Educators.
Information from AACRAO membership helps support the robust data set that underlies these reports. Your institution's participation is helpful and we encourage you to participate in the International Students with Disabilities Survey here, in support of our colleagues at IIE.
Questions about the survey may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org