On-campus & online training available
On-Campus: Half-day and full-day training
The nation’s premier FERPA authority, LeRoy Rooker, Senior Fellow at AACRAO, can visit your campus to provide faculty and staff, including student workers, with FERPA training tailored to your institutional needs. Rooker will also review institutional FERPA practices and provide an assessment along with suggested best practices.
Areas of compliance training include:
- Risk assessment teams and FERPA
- Best practices for colleges and universities
- FERPA Compliance 101
- How to train faculty and staff
- Campus Security and FERPA after Virginia Tech
- Safeguarding electronic student records in an age of data privacy concerns
- FERPA and “the cloud”
- FERPA/HIPAA and student health and counseling records
- Electronic signatures and education records release
- Financial aid records under FERPA and Gramm-Leach-Bliley
- How to effectively use campus law enforcement and comply with FERPA
- Specialized areas, such as vendor product reviews to ensure FERPA compliance
As the Director of the federal Family Policy Compliance Office, Rooker was well-known for his extensive and impactful outreach. He continues in this capacity for AACRAO with sessions and workshops held throughout the year.
To have Mr. Rooker come to your campus, contact email@example.com, or call 202.355.1059.
Online Training Package
The FERPA Compliance training package is an interactive, online training course covering the basics of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) for all faculty and staff. The training focuses broadly on defining key terms from within the regulations and outlining what actions are required or permitted under FERPA.