FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: AACRAO Communications
ACE Task Force Releases Report, Recommendations on Transfer of Credit Practices
AACRAO Research highlighted in support of recommendations to re-envision transfer
An American Council on Education (ACE) Task Force of college and university presidents and chancellors released a report today offering recommendations and best practices to higher education leaders on how to modify existing transfer and award of credit
practices to best support student success. The report, “Reimagining Transfer for Student Success: The National Task Force on the Transfer and Award of Credit,”
offers six concrete recommendations that will enable higher education leaders to carry out more seamless and efficient transfer and award of credit on their campuses. The report supports AACRAO's focus on practices surrounding transfer.
"We believe now is the time to develop the set of best practices that will inform requirements for an institutional 'transfer student success' designation," shared Mike Reilly, Executive Director, AACRAO. "Our work with ACE and the other members of the
this task force was an ideal opportunity to engage with key players similarly focused."
The Task Force and report are supported by a generous grant from Strada Education Network. Additional support from the Charles Koch Foundation funded a series of white papers and original research that informed the Task Force's work, to include the following AACRAO pieces:
- A PILOT TRANSCRIPT STUDY: EXPLORING THE IMPACTS OF INSTITUTIONAL ADVISING AND CREDIT EVALUATION POLICY AND PRACTICE
- A NATIONAL SNAPSHOT: HOW STUDENTS EXPERIENCE AND PERCEIVE TRANSFERRING EARNED CREDIT
- TECHNOLOGY AS AN ENABLER OF CREDIT TRANSFER
- ENABLING THE TRANSFER AND AWARD OF ACADEMIC CREDIT FOR PRIOR LEARNING
AACRAO will continue its work Re-Envisioning Transfer throughout 2021:
- July | Transfer Policy Summit | Post summit expect a release of the AACRAO Transfer Student Success Designation final paper and implementation toolkit for institutions to embed research-based practices for the betterment of their transfer students.
- Fall | Transfer Technology Summit | Expect highlights of institutions and technology leading the removal of transfer barriers and speeding processes that support student decision-making and advising by supporting institutions in migrating to
digital document pathways.
Download the Reimagining Transfer for Student Success report here
AACRAO is a non-profit, voluntary, professional association of more than 11,000 higher education professionals representing approximately 2,600 institutions in more than 40 countries. Its commitment to the professional development of
its members includes best practice guidance on admissions strategies to meet institutional diversity objectives, delivery of academic programs in innovative ways to meet the needs of a changing student body, and exemplary approaches to student retention