AACRAO Member Resolution
Member resolutions are expansions and definitions of articles in the Bylaws. Member resolutions operationalize the Bylaws and are the next level of governing documents after Bylaws.
Voting Membership and Fees
a. The institutional members or college or university system offices, shall pay fees based on their full-time equivalent enrollment for the preceding fall, as reported to the U.S. Department of Education's National Center for Educational Statistics or based on valid criteria for institutions outside the United States, which shall entitle them to designate a specified number of voting members, as follows:
- enrollment under 1,000, or college or university system offices, 2 voting members;
- enrollment 1,000 to 2,499, 3 voting members;
- enrollment 2,500 to 4,999, 4 voting members;
- enrollment 5,000 to 9,999, 5 voting members;
- enrollment 10,000 to 19,999, 6 voting members;
- enrollment 20,000 and over, 7 voting members.
b. For purposes of this section, "full-time equivalent" shall be defined as:
- full-time enrollment plus 2/3 of part-time enrollment for the first membership year after adoption of this resolution;
- full-time enrollment plus 1/2 of part-time enrollment for the second membership year after adoption of this resolution;
- full-time enrollment plus 1/3 of part-time enrollment for the third and subsequent years after adoption of this resolution.
c. Institutions not reporting to the U.S. Department of Education will have voting members and fees determined by the Board of Directors utilizing substantially similar approach.
d. Additional voting members may be designated by institutional members by paying an additional annual per voting-member fee, for each voting member desired.
e. A complex institution, with independent divisions, shall pay fees separately for each division.
Nonvoting Membership and Fees
There shall be additional classes of nonvoting members as shall be established by the Board of Directors. The fees for nonvoting members, with the exception of retired, student and honorary, shall be not lower than the fees charged per voting member.
Nonvoting Membership Categories
- Educational institutions that are ineligible for regular voting institutional membership shall pay annual fees in such amount and for such number of individual members as those paid by voting institutional members.
- Retired and student members shall pay an annual per member fee equivalent to one-half of the voting member fee.
- Honorary members shall be excused from all AACRAO annual membership and Annual Meeting registration fees.
- All other nonvoting members shall pay annual membership fees as determined by the Board of Directors. Such members may include but are not limited to the following:
- state higher education coordinating boards;
- other higher education associations;
- international ministries of education; or
- other individuals.
Adopted April 12, 2000
Amended March 03, 2007