Michele Sandlin previously served as the Director of Admissions and the Campus Visitors Center at Oregon State University for 15 years, during which university enrollment grew by over 67%, while achieving additional goals for diversity and academic preparedness of incoming students. Ms. Sandlin’s career has also included successful tenures at Pacific University, Portland State University, the University of Oregon, and Western State Colorado University.
During her 42 years as a higher education professional, Ms. Sandlin has become well known for her industry-leading expertise in holistic admissions, Strategic Enrollment Management, admissions operations, staff and space management, 2yr/4yr campus partnerships, branch campus development, transfer policy and practices, accreditation compliance review, articulation process, policy and agreements, decentralized-centralized structural realignment, and graduate/professional school and international admissions. She has served in state, regional and national leadership positions with AACRAO and with the International Baccalaureate Program, having served as the IB Chair for the Americas College and University Recognition Board.
She has served in state, regional and national leadership positions with AACRAO/PACRAO/OrACRAO and with the International Baccalaureate Program, and has received numerous professional recognitions, most notable:
• Received the first AACRAO National Tom Bilger Citation for Service Award. 2006.
• Was Oregon ACRAO President, 2003-4, served on numerous committees, Local Arrangements (LAC) and Program Chair positions.
• PACRAO President, 2006-2007, served on numerous committees, LAC and Program Chair positions.
• Awarded PACRAO Honorary lifetime membership in 2018.
• AACRAO Board Member, Vice President, Admissions and Enrollment Management, 2007-2010, served on numerous committees, lead chair for development of Admissions Management training course, lead presenter for AACRAO on the Road, served three years as program chair Admissions and Enrollment Management group 1.
• International Baccalaureate Association, North & South Americas, Chair, 2008-2011.
• State of Oregon International Baccalaureate Alignment Task Force, Lead role. 2009-2010.
• State of Oregon, Oregon Transfer Days Task Force, Inaugural Chair. 2007-2009
She has written for numerous publications, articles, chapters, has a recent book on Holistic Admissions, presented webinars and at conferences and meetings at the state, regional, national, and global level for more than 30 years.
Ms. Sandlin completed her Master of Science degree in Higher Education Policy Foundations and Administration at Portland State University, Oregon and earned her Bachelor of Science degree in Human Sciences from Colorado State University. She is a native of the Colorado Rockies, but she identifies as an Oregonian and calls Oregon home where she has lived since 1985.
Get In Touch