Proposals will be reviewed by the International Publication Advisory Committee (IPAC) in coordination with the Deputy Director. Reviewers will be asked to evaluate proposals based on the following criteria:
Scholarly Merit and Professional Impact
- Does the proposal provide a compelling argument for the research?
- Will the proposed work lead to a significant contribution to the field of study?
- Who is the audience for the proposed work, and why will they value it?
- Would this project lead to publication, and in what mediums?
Clarity of Proposal
- Is the text of the proposal well-written and aimed at appropriate audiences?
- Does the proposal appropriately acknowledge the current body of scholarship that exists on the topic?
- Does the proposal provide a clear statement of overall project objectives?
- Are the proposed methodologies clearly described (avoiding jargon and unexplained acronyms)?
- Does the proposal provide clear and specific budget information?