AACRAO is committed to ensuring that the SEM Endorsement is accessible to its members. In 2019, the SEM Endorsement Program launched partial scholarships to defray the cost of tuition for the program, especially for learners whose college or university does not have the financial means to pay for this professional development.
Five $500 partial scholarships will be available annually (January through December) for SEM-EP and will be awarded once per quarter.
- Must be an AACRAO Member
- Must meet the admission requirements for SEM-EP
- Must enroll in SEM-EP within 30 days of receiving notification of the scholarship offer
To apply for a scholarship, a learner must complete the online application form and submit the following:
- a copy of your results from the online Enrollment Management Core Proficiencies Self-Assessment,
- a one-page essay (double spaced) that provides a reflection about the self-assessment and why the SEM
Endorsement Program is an opportunity for enhancing your professional development,
- a one-page letter of support from your immediate supervisor or a professional mentor, and
- a current resume/vita
The Director and Assistant Director, along with one appointed SEM-EP graduate (one per year), will review the applications every March 30, June 30, September 30, and December 20. The SEM-EP Director will appoint the SEM-EP graduate to serve on the selection committee.
The selection committee will review applications for:
strength of essay
strength of letter of support
diversity as defined by geographic region, institutional size and type, gender, race, ethnicity, and demonstrated leadership characteristics of applicant.