- Hotel distance: 10 miles
- MAX Light Rail: $2.50/35 minutes (red line) *if you ride the MAX Light Rail from the airport to your hotel, be sure to only buy a one-way pass; you will receive a FREE MAX Light Rail pass (valid March 31 - April 8) when you pick up your badge at Registration.*
- Airport Shuttle: $36 one way
- Estimated Uber/Lyft fare: $45 (one way)
AACRAO Annual Meeting attendees will be provided with a MAX Light Rail pass at registration, allowing for unlimited MAX rides for FREE April 3-6, 2022 (thank you to our friends at Visit Portland) The
MAX Light Rail is a convenient and safe way to access everything Portland has to offer. MAX stops are available near each of our six hotels and the Oregon Convention center.
- For public transportation, use your Hop Fastpass, an electronic-fare payment system launched by TriMet in 2017. To use your Hop Fastpass, tap the card on a designated card reader each time you board the MAX light rail, streetcar, or bus.
- Card readers are located on MAX platforms and inside busses and streetcars.
- TriMet transit passes are valid on buses, MAX light rail, and streetcars in the city of Portland.
- For information on routes, schedules, how to ride MAX light rail, or instructions in other languages, visit www.trimet.org.
- The fine for riding TriMet without a valid pass is $175.
- The current fare for an Adult TriMet ticket is $2.50/2.5 hours or $5/day
Updated Travel Information
The Portland MAX Red Line which services the Portland International Airport is undergoing construction between April 2-9. Shuttle buses will replace trains between Gateway Transit Center and Portland International Airport. Riders will want to use MAX Blue or Green Line trains to connect with Red Line shuttle buses at Gateway Transit Center.
TriMet will have customer service representatives at the airport as well as the Gateway Transit Center during the time of closure to help guide and direct riders so that they get to their destinations easily and answer questions that riders/attendees may have.