1. Prepare AACRAO members to successfully lead their institutions in meeting the challenges of a continually evolving environment.
- Establish core competencies for professionals in academic and enrollment services.
- Provide relevant programming and services to AACRAO members and other higher education professionals.
- Strengthen our focus on compliance, technology, research services and training for the membership.
- Continually evaluate the relevance, effectiveness, and sustainability of programs and services provided by AACRAO.
2. Identify, develop and promote professional standards in academic and enrollment services.
- Identify standards that are critical to the profession and to the membership.
- Establish a set of desirable best practices topics.
- Develop professional standards and best practices that significantly impact our profession.
- Serve as a resource on key industry topics.
3. Advance AACRAO’s leadership in Federal higher education policy development and advocacy.
- Identify public policy issues for direct involvement, and develop plans of action.
- Engage the membership in public policy dialogue and understanding.
4. Promote student access and success, and affordability of higher education.
- Create alignments with other education professional organizations that promote student success in higher education.
- Engage in relevant activities that support student access and success, and affordability in higher education.
5. Ensure that the Association is structured to promote sustained growth and member engagement.
- Develop administrative capability to engage members in the life and work of the Association through various communication technologies.
- Continue leadership with technology initiatives in enrollment and academic services.
- Promote the strength of the Association by periodic review of governance and membership.
6. Expand AACRAO’s leadership in the global higher education community.
- Expand professional development opportunities for the international admissions and credential evaluation professionals, engage with institutional leadership to create research opportunities, and identify best practices for enhancing international
student enrollment efforts.
- Lead research and evaluation efforts related to global education systems.
- Engage in international initiatives and partnerships whereby AACRAO’s collective expertise contributes to a global dialogue and more effective practices in international education, student exchange, and mobility.
7. Ensure the Association’s resource strength for current and future AACRAO members.
- Diversify revenue streams to decrease association fiscal risk.
- Increase net operating revenue to build long-term investments.
- Ensure the prudent use of resources.
- Align resources with goals and objectives for the Association.
8. Aspire to be an intentionally inclusive community that values the unique contributions of others.
- Serve as a strategic leader connecting and advocating for diversity, equity, access, and inclusion within and across higher education.
- Promote an organizational culture that focuses on diversity, equity, inclusion, and social justice strategies to empower educational leaders.
- Yearly evaluation of our goals and objectives to ensure we remain cognizant of the relationship between access, equity, diversity, and inclusion as it relates to all activities of the association.