At the AACRAO SEM Conference in Miami, Florida, I had the opportunity to present the Registrar 101 and FERPA workshop with Heather Abbott from Yale Law School and LeRoy Rooker from AACRAO. The two-day workshop covers a broad range of registrar functions,
responsibilities, and roles. And of course, so much FERPA info.
I was able to convince some of the participants to share some reflections on any or all of the following questions:
- What brought them to the registrar’s office?
- What has surprised
them the most about being a registrar?
- What are they concerned they don’t know enough about?
And to share an emergent challenge or opportunity their office is facing.
- There’s an in-person and an online version of REG101, and we’ll offer the in-person version again at the Annual Meeting in Portland in April 2022;
- There are many different kinds of institutions in the United States and so there will obviously be many different kinds of registrars, and many different paths taken to become a registrar;
- The registrar position requires a broad range of knowledge and skills; AACRAO has a bunch of resources to support and assist with professional development for you and your staff.
Registrar, Lawrence University
Dean, Enrollment Management,
Joliet Junior College
Registrar, Aviator College of Aeronautical Science and Technology
Registrar, Northern Pennsylvania Regional College
Director of Registration and Records, Felician
References and Additional Information:
Leadership & Management
Student Records Management