AACRAO's SEM Quarterly explores the varied aspects and broad potential of strategic enrollment management in higher education and serves as an essential outlet for broader higher education research topics. SEMQ topics include course selection, advising,
business practice, marketing, record-keeping, institutional research, and more.
The SEMQ Editor-in-Chief works collaboratively with the Managing Editor and SEMQ Editorial Board to provide the journal's overall vision and guidance.
The Editor-in-Chief has an advanced degree, doctorate preferred, background in higher education, and experience with professional and academic research and writing.
- Conducts the first review of journal submissions to determine whether they are acceptable to move on to formal review by the SEMQ Editorial Board. Provides in-text comments/feedback for authors, when necessary, for revisions prior to Editorial Board
- Writes an “Editor’s Note” for each quarterly issue and the annual SEM Prep issue.
- Helps identify Editorial Board members as needed.
- Hosts an annual meeting at the SEM Conference (or in the fall virtually) to touch base and build community with the Editorial Board members.
- Helps identify potential topic ideas and/or writers for the journal.
Interested in this position, or know someone who may be a good fit? Contact AACRAO's Managing Editor Heather Zimar for more details.