Two-Year and Community Colleges
As the premier association for registrars and admissions officers, AACRAO provides professional development, guidelines and voluntary standards regarding the best practices in records management, admissions, enrollment management, administrative information technology and student services. As you encounter record enrollments in these tough economic times, join AACRAO to learn how to make the best decisions for your school and your students.
Benefits of joining AACRAO
AACRAO has developed programming to address issues important to two-year and community colleges, and invite you to join us in giving community colleges a bigger voice within the higher education community.
- Webinars: Our online meetings make it easier to obtain crucial professional development. In addition to FERPA, previous topics have included "Implementing Direct Lending for Community Colleges" and "Strategic Planning: Community College Perspectives."
- Listservs: The Community College Listserv invites subscribers to focus on a range of issues, from rolling admission, to prior learning assessment, placement issues, military credit, student services for non-traditional students, and more.
- Committees: We provide over 30 committees for institutional members to join, including the Community College Issues Committee, the Transfer and Articulation Committee, and the School-College Relations Committee.
- Publications: We provide books addressing important issues such, including Applying SEM at the Community College; Community Colleges and Student Information Systems Implementation; The College Admissions Officer's Guide, with chapters on Community College Admissions, Recruiting Military Students, and Reaching the Adult Market; and The Registrar's Guide, with chapters on Enrollment Services and the Community College Registrar, and Budgeting in a Resource-Lean Environment.
- Meetings: Sessions at last year's Strategic Enrollment Management Conference included "A Data-Driven Approach to SEM Development at a Two Year College" and "Student Success and the Community College." Sessions at the recent Annual Meeting included "Using Six Sigma to Transform the Transfer Credit Process" and "Study Abroad for Community Colleges: Challenges and Opportunities," as well as the Community College Roundtable.
- Low Cost: AACRAO's dues calculation benefits schools with a high percentage of part-time students. Our dues are calculated based on full-time enrollment (FT) + 1/3 part-time enrollment (PT).
If your institution is already member, and you would like to be added to the roster apply here.