About the Job
The Student Intern for the Department of Meetings and Partnerships is a paid position that is vital in assisting with meetings related logistics, corporate relationship management, and corporate membership recruitment and retention. In addition, the Intern
provides effective customer service and daily administrative support.
Part Time Position | 15 - 20 Hours/Week
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
MEETINGS & SPECIAL EVENTS
- Prepares and maintains meetings-related documents
- Assists in the Meetings & Partnerships departmental website review and update processes
- Makes program edits in the session submission software
- Conducts research as assigned
- Assists with the management of member volunteers
- Participates in managing the logistics for institutes, trainings, and other special events
- Assists in corporate membership recruitment and renewal processes
- Updates and maintains corporate member/partner records in Salesforce
- Conducts market research
- Works with the team to develop partnership agreements
- Performs routine administrative tasks
- Prepares and provides reports including registration tracking, cost summaries, attendee demographics, etc.
- Assists the Associate Executive Director with managing plenary and VIP speakers
- Additional projects as assigned by the Associate Executive Director for Meetings and Partnerships
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (spelling, grammar, punctuation, letter/memo formats).
- Strong editing, proofreading skills, planning/organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Self-starter with a strong customer service orientation.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities within deadlines.
- Team player with the ability to interact with all levels internally and externally.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Undergraduate/Graduate student in related field
How to Apply
Using the form below, interested applicants must submit:
Upload all components as one pdf
- Accepting applications until the position is filled. No phone calls or emails.
- Although currently working remotely, the AACRAO office is located in downtown Washington, D.C.
Exception occured while executing the controller. Check error logs for details.