Your bookmarked countries have an update since your last login. View Bookmarks x

ITE graduates can earn diploma during NS under new work-study programme

November 02, 2020

Original Article: https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/education/scheme-for-ite-grads-to-earn-diploma-during-ns

Institute of Technical Education (ITE) graduates serving their national service as air force technicians can soon earn a diploma qualification while they are enlisted.

About 20 trainees from April next year will be the first to undergo a programme by ITE and the Republic of Singapore Air Force (RSAF) that allows them to work and study at the same time.

The work-study diploma in aircraft maintenance engineering - the first of its kind for full-time national servicemen - will be conducted over 2½ years.

The course will equip trainees with skills in maintenance of aircraft structures and systems, and also serve as an alternative route for ITE graduates towards a career in the aerospace industry.

Similar to ITE's existing work-study diplomas, 70 per cent of the course curriculum will be delivered through on-the-job training at RSAF, and the remaining 30 per cent will comprise theory and practical training at ITE.

BE A PART OF THE CONVERSATION. JOIN OUR LISTSERV. Subscribe

Upcoming AACRAO Events

On-Demand Learning

Self-Paced | Online

Self-paced courses aligned with our competency and proficiency framework, AACRAO's on-demand training will build your skills and enhance your resume. 

Courses in:

  • Compliance
  • FERPA
  • International
  • and more

Learn More

SEM_2020_1440x400 update

The International Institute

Rescheduled for Early October 2021 | Virtual Event

Replacing the Summer and Winter Institutes, the AACRAO International Institute covers promising practices for the evaluation of international credentials that combines AACRAO’s On-Demand International Series with five, two-hour, virtual instructor-led training sessions.

Learn More
240047_AACRAO_1440x400_LandingPg