Your bookmarked countries have an update since your last login. View Bookmarks x

India CBSE issues warning against fake notice on term-wise weightage of marks

May 13, 2022

Original Article: https://indianexpress.com/article/education/cbse-results-2022-board-issues-warning-against-fake-notice-on-social-media-cbse-nic-in-7854985/

The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has issued a warning against a fake circular being circulated on social media platforms about weightage to term 1 and term 2 board exams in the final results.

As per the fake circular doing rounds online, 30 per cent of the weightage will be given to term 1 exams and the remaining 70 per cent will be given to term 2 exams. The circular also added that the weightage for internal assessment will remain the same.

It also took the liberty of stating that the students who could not appear for their exams due to Covid-19 or due to their involvement in the Olympiads/sports events will only be assessed on the basis of their performance in the term-2 exams.

Through its official Twitter account, CBSE issued an alert for students and all other shareholders that this notice circulating on social media platforms is fake.

Candidates should remember that all notices regarding board exams and distribution of marks/weightage of different terms will only be issued through the official CBSE website — cbse.nic.in — or the Board’s official Twitter account.

Meanwhile, CBSE has extended the deadline for Dispute Redressal Mechanism registration for the Term 1 examination till Wednesday, April 20, 2022. The decision was taken by the CBSE board after some schools informed that they were not able to apply within the deadline hence, as a special measure CBSE is extending the last date.

BE A PART OF THE CONVERSATION. JOIN OUR LISTSERV. Subscribe

Upcoming AACRAO Events

On-Demand Learning

Self-Paced | Online

Self-paced courses aligned with our competency and proficiency framework, AACRAO's on-demand training will build your skills and enhance your resume. 

Courses in:

  • Compliance
  • FERPA
  • International
  • and more

Learn More

SEM_2020_1440x400 update

The International Institute

The AACRAO International Institute covers promising practices for the evaluation of international credentials that combines AACRAO’s On-Demand International Series with five, two-hour, virtual instructor-led training sessions.

Learn More
AACRAO International Institute Banner