- The SEM-EP offers SEM practitioners an official AACRAO platform with which to be professionally acknowledged
on a national level. Graduates are listed and recognized on the National SEM-EP Registry page.
- SEM-EP champions a clear industry pathway to prepare an emerging career force for entry into the field of
Strategic Enrollment Management.
- It offers an accepted structure that underscores a set of uniform activities guided by association best
practices and resources.
- Five years experience in the field of SEM (Registrar, Admissions, Recruitment, Financial Aid, Student Marketing or related
fields as determined by the SEM-EP program committee)
- Hold a minimum of an earned baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution.
- Employment (full or part time) by an accredited post-secondary institution and working as an in-service
practitioner in the field of SEM/ES as defined by the SEM-EP.
- A one page vita or resume reflecting career experience, professional accomplishments and education.
- Candidates who have completed Essentials of SEM course
- Individuals who can demonstrate successful completion of the Essentials of SEM Course within the past 3
years of application may petition to exempt this segment of the SEM-EP curriculum. The program fee will be
Progression and Renewal Policy
- The SEM EP is a self paced program and designed to be completed in 12 to 18 months from the date of application. However, students that exceed 24 months from the date of acceptance are subject to a renewal fee of $500.00 on the 25th month to continue the program. Extensions are valid in 6 month intervals to keep the enrollment active.
NOTE: The SEM-EP Faculty may ask for a letter of recommendation from a supervisor in some cases, but this is not a required application item.