2017 Schedule (2 classes)
Member price: $399 Non-member price: $449
- April 10 - May 6 (Registration will open by the end of January)
- July 24 - August 19
Created by seasoned AACRAO practitioners, Admissions Counselor 101 is a convenient online course that complements campus-based training for new admissions counselors and recruiters by helping them develop the knowledge and skills they'll need to recruit and enroll the best students for their institution. The curriculum covers the big picture of being an admissions professional, how to make powerful presentations, the art of recruitment and marketing, ethical considerations of the profession, and making road trips count.
Participants in this course will learn to:
- Sell their institution in 30 seconds flat.
- Fine tune their presentation skills
- Develop recruitment initiatives that work
- Interact more effectively with high school Guidance Counselors
- Get the most out of campus visits and road trips
- Jump start their career as an admissions professional
Facilitated by experienced members of the profession, participants compare notes on a wide range of topics of common interest and create a helpful network of colleagues at other institutions.
Participants should plan to devote six to eight hours each of the four weeks the course is in session. Course work includes reading and online course activities at hours convenient to their individual schedules. AACRAO awards a Professional Development Certificate to participants who successfully complete all modules of the course.
Comments from recent participants:
- "I am extremely pleased with the amount of information I received by taking this class. The instructors were very insightful and I gained some great ideas from the other students!"
- "The articles and resources were so valuable! I will definitely use these as my career advances."
For questions about registration please contact Erika Watts firstname.lastname@example.org.