Do You Have a Campus Video to Share? Participate in AACRAO’s Film Festival
Videos are an effective way to deliver messaging and content and to create overall interest in your institution. Has your office or department developed a creative or effective video? Now’s your opportunity to share your movie masterpiece with Annual Meeting attendees.
AACRAO’s Film Festival will run a continuous loop of institutional videos on Sunday and during breakout session times on Monday and Tuesday.
Showcase your institution in one of the categories below:
- Marketing/Recruiting: These include videos and/or virtual tours to promote your academic programs.
- Welcome/Orientation: How are new students welcomed to your institution?
- External: Do you have a video for parents so they understand the campus culture and can communicate that to their child?
- Internal: Do various departments have videos to promote new ideas or technology?
- Services – Do you have a video that addresses FAQs, whether related to admissions, financial aid, etc.?
- Philosophy/Culture – Student engagement goes beyond the classroom. Are videos used to promote student organizations and services, as well as campus events and entertainment? No sports-related submissions, please.
- Potpourri – Does your video not fit into any of the above categories? Alternate submissions are welcome!
- Any AACRAO member institution (no corporate entries) may submit no more than 3 videos. The submission deadline is Friday,March 3, 2017. You do not have to attend the Annual Meeting to submit a video.
- Videos should be no more than 10 minutes in length and been produced between 2015 and 2017.
- To submit a video, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send you submission details.
- Videos submitted for the Film Festival will NOT be used for any purpose other than showing at the 2017 AACRAO Annual Meeting. Regardless, submitters agree to obtain any and all necessary clearances and permission for this purpose.
- Videos will be reviewed by a committee for appropriate content. Selections will be made by March 17, 2017 and submitters will be notified soon thereafter. Once accepted, additional details will be provided.