The Conner Scholarship Fund provides support for AACRAO members to participate in the AACRAO Annual Meeting.
John Douglas Conner was named the first Executive Director of AACRAO in 1966 and served until his retirement in 1988. Prior to AACRAO he served as the Admissions Director and Registrar at Southern Methodist University from 1953 to 1966.
Conner Scholarship recipients must be:
- employed by an AACRAO member institution, or;
- a student studying/working at a member institution.
The Conner Scholarship will fully cover the Annual Meeting registration fee. This does not include registration or fees for any other events.
Applicants for the Conner Scholarship must complete a Conner Scholarship Application
Applications should be submitted at least 30 days prior to the meeting requested. Applications will not be considered by the committee until the application is complete. A completed application will include the application form, a personal statement, a resume/CV, and a letter of recommendation.
- a short personal statement (no more than 300 words) describing why you have chosen enrollment and academic services as your profession, and the personal and professional benefits of the scholarship to your position, department, and institution;
- at least one letter of reference from an active AACRAO member, preferably a supervisor; the reference may be submitted via email; and
- a resume/CV highlighting work done in the enrollment and academic services field.
A Conner Scholarship Review Committee, consisting of three to five AACRAO Board members appointed by the President, will evaluate each application on the basis of:
- strength of personal statement;
- strength of references;
- past attendance and engagement with AACRAO; and
- diversity as defined by geographic region, institutional size and type, and gender, race, ethnicity, and demonstrated leadership characteristics of applicant.
Connor Scholarships are awarded on a rolling basis. The Conner Scholarship Review Committee may annually award multiple scholarships.
If you have any additional questions, please contact Michael Sisson at firstname.lastname@example.org.