Join the oldest and largest community of Registrars and Admissions Officers in the world.
It’s like signing up for a lifetime course in professional development.
Founded in 1910, the American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers (AACRAO) is an authoritative and comprehensive resource of more than 11,000 higher education professionals around the world—in the United States, Canada, and more than 40 other countries. Representing institutions from every sector of the higher education community, AACRAO provides best practice guidelines, professional development, and standards for higher education officials in many fields.
With more than a century of service, the American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers (AACRAO) is the leading authority in providing professional development and informed guidance centered on best practices in admissions, student records, and enrollment management in the global higher education community. AACRAO provides extensive member benefits, including newsletters, professional journals, and other publications; research and access to valuable databases; and meetings, webinars, and courses. AACRAO meetings convene professionals for the purpose of engaging with one another and sharing insights related to better serving their students and institutions. AACRAO connects its members with the resources and proven solutions to address their specific challenges and meet their professional advancement goals.
- Transcript: Provides weekly court, industry, and international news as well as updates on the latest developments in federal relations and compliance. Transcript also serves as the archive for AACRAO’s public policy activities and priorities.
- Connect (bi-weekly newsletter): Covers the latest developments in domestic and international higher education and provides information about AACRAO services in order to increase member awareness, engagement, and satisfaction.
- Federal Relations: Engages public policy issues affecting AACRAO members, the students they serve, and higher education as a whole and informs AACRAO members about emerging federal regulations and policy initiatives, development, interpretation, and implementation.
- SEM Quarterly (scholarly journal): Provides crucial news and information as well as updates on trends in state-of-the-art student services and SEM practices.
- College & University (policy and research journal): Presents peer-reviewed, research-based articles focusing on emerging concerns, new techniques, and technology in higher education.
- Publications: Publishes how-to guides, handbooks, and case studies written by members for members. (Members save 30 percent.)
- Transfer Credit Practices: Provides members free access to the transfer acceptance practices of reporting institutions regarding credit awarded by other colleges and universities in each state. (AACRAO has maintained this voluntary information exchange for more than 75 years in order to help colleges and universities determine their own transfer credit practices.)
- Research: Conducts surveys in order to identify new insights and information to help AACRAO members lead their institutions successfully in a continually evolving environment (survey results are published and are also posted online).
- Daily Updates: Informs members about a wide array of relevant issues by posting comprehensive and up-to-date information and articles to the AACRAO website on a daily basis.
ATTEND AND PARTICIPATE
- Meetings: Convenes thousands of attendees every year in order to keep members abreast of current issues and innovations. The SEM, Technology, and Transfer conferences offer specialized tools to impact the profession; international institutes provide specialized training in international admissions. (Members save 20 percent on registration.)
- Webinars: Offers free and convenient professional development on a wealth of topics in support of members’ ongoing training.
- Online Courses: Offers four-week interactive training courses in a typical class format taught by experienced professionals and culminating in a professional development certificate.
- SEM Endorsement Program: Sponsors a self-paced career advancement track (designed to be completed in one year) that includes online courses, webinars, a research report, and field visits to approved institutions, all under the guidance of expert faculty.
- Committees: Increases members’ participation by facilitating their involvement in more than 30 committees and related activities that guide AACRAO's programs.
- Listserves: Facilitates communication among numerous subgroups, including caucuses, two-year schools, registrars, and admissions professionals.
- Volunteer: Engages members as facilitators, authors, meeting sponsors, and committee members. Your level of involvement in AACRAO is entirely up to you!
These valuable features are available to members at generously discounted rates.
- Electronic Database for Global Education (EDGE): Simplifies the evaluation process for international admissions professionals by providing access to the most comprehensive collection of online data on postsecondary education systems worldwide. Evaluate student’s foreign credentials with confidence and ease!
- International Education Services (IES): Provides evaluations to more than 1,500 institutions and organizations and thousands of individuals; offers foreign credential evaluations as well as intensive workshops and training opportunities for international admissions professionals.
- AACRAO Consulting: Provides comprehensive services that deliver guidance and practical solutions for improving operations and resolving specific challenges at all levels.
- Jobs Online: Provides free access to job postings and career training tips and articles as well as a venue for posting position announcements for a large, targeted audience. (Members also receive a quarterly newsletter featuring the job postings as well as articles related to employment in higher education.)