Deadline for submissions: June 28, 2013
The SEM Award of Excellence (SAE) is a peer-review awards program that recognizes outstanding achievement and
visionary leadership in strategic enrollment management.
Information about the Award
Purposes of the SAE Award are to provide formal recognition to exemplary SEM professionals who:
- Make a significant contribution to their institution in achieving SEM goals.
- Establish benchmarks and models for SEM practice.
- Promote the core values of student access and success within SEM.
- Contribute to the ongoing development of the SEM profession.
A maximum of three SEM Awards of Excellence will be awarded each year, one each to three SEM professionals
- An American two-year institution
- An American four-year institution
- A Canadian institution
Recipients will receive the distinguished SAE plaque and a $1,000 cash award at the 2013 AACRAO SEM Conference in Chicago, November 10 - 13, 2013.
Eligibility for the SEM Award of Excellence will include persons currently or previously employed in enrollment
positions at a postsecondary institution. For persons not currently employed in an enrollment position, the last
position in enrollment management will determine the category of SAE in which they will be considered.
All nomination materials can be mailed to:
American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers
Attention: Nicole Spero
One Dupont Circle, NW Suite 520
Washington, DC 20036
Or submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include cover letters with all submission materials.
The following materials are required for nomination:
- A clear case statement of how and when SEM goals were established, an explanation of how the institution
achieved those goals, and a description of the nominee™s role in the SEM planning and implementation process.
(Please submit a maximum of five pages).
- A brief description of the nominee™s leadership in SEM.
- Evidence of how the institution™s SEM goals were achieved or exceeded. The evidence may be quantitative
and/or qualitative and may include:
- Enrollment data for a period of 5-10 years documenting institutional enrollment goals and performance in
relation to those goals.
- Descriptions of new recruitment and retention programs or initiatives that generated favorable enrollment
outcomes. Descriptions should be limited to 100 words for each program or initiative.
- A summary of the nominee™s contributions to the SEM profession (articles, presentations, and related SEM
work outside of the institution).
- One letter of reference from: the nominee's President/Chancellor or the nominee's immediate supervisor (if
not the President/Chancellor).
- Letters should speak to the nominee's success in:
- Leadership in engaging a campus-wide effort to enhance enrollment.
- Meeting or exceeding the institution's enrollment goals.
- Increasing student access and success.
- Contributing to the SEM profession.
SAE recipients will be selected on:
- Contribution to institutional SEM planning and achievement of SEM goals.
- Use of evidence-based tools and analysis in SEM planning.
- Implementation of new or innovative programs.
- Degree of campus-wide engagement.
- Contributions to the SEM profession.
Deadline for submissions: June 28, 2013. Recipients will be notified by September 15, 2013.
If you have questions please contact Nicole Spero, Associate Director, AACRAO Consulting at 202-355-1056 or