Awards, Honors & Grants
Member commitment has been the key to AACRAO's success as a national higher education association. Participation in the Association's programs enriches the profession and the individual and it is because of the contributions of members through service on committees and special projects that AACRAO has become a strong professional association. Beginning in 1959, AACRAO members have been recognized for their distinguished service to the association and the profession and this acknowledgment continues today.
2014 AACRAO Awards
- The APEX Award for Student Success recognizes an individual for achieving professional excellence in support of student success.
- The Award for Excellence in International Education is presented to a member for excellence in the field of international education.
- The AACRAO Centennial Award for Excellence is presented to an individual who is not an AACRAO member, but who has made a contribution to or influenced the higher education community in a notable and positive manner that supports the vision and mission statement of AACRAO.
- The Distinguished Service Award recognizes an active or retired AACRAO member for exceptional contributions over an extended period of time for service to AACRAO at the national level.
- The Elbert W. Ockerman State and Regional Professional Activity Award recognizes outstanding professional activities of the state/regional associations.
- The Founders Award for Leadership is presented in recognition of consistent vision and leadership in AACRAO by a member with seven or more years of volunteer service.
- Honorary Membership is awarded in recognition of a member's active involvement and contribution to AACRAO.
- The New Member Award is presented to professionals who have made an exceptional or unique contribution which demonstrates promise as a future AACRAO leader.
- The Thomas A. Bilger Citation for Service is presented to a member who has provided an outstanding contribution to the Association in either an appointed role or as an outstanding volunteer in support of programs and services.
***Nominations are now closed. Nominations for 2014 will open in the fall of 2013. ***
Acknowledge Retiring Professionals
- If you know someone who is retiring from an AACRAO profession, please email email@example.com with the name of your retiring colleague and the following information: title, institution, address, and number of years in the profession. They will be recognized on the Annual Meeting rolling screen and will receive a certificate in the mail.